Alternatives for People with Autism
Creating community options for people with Autism
POSITION AVAILABLE: Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator adheres appropriately to the chain-of-command and works in coordination with
the Manager to supervise staff. A 4-year degree in a related field is required. Salary starts at 36,254/yr with
raises every trimester.
- Oversees and assists in quality of all resident interactions in the department.
- Provides a good role model for staff while working in the department.
- Oversees medication administration in the department and administers when scheduled.
- Oversees discipline/restraint are administered safely, with minimum intrusion and assures necessary documentation is completed.
- Safely performs 2-person transfers of non-ambulatory resident(s) when needed.
- Oversees that lifts/transfers of non-ambulatory resident(s) are performed safely by trained staff.
- Schedules medical, dental, and other appointments (with RN) and provides staff coverage to meet scheduled appointments.
- Informs parent/guardian of medical concerns and upcoming appointments..
- Works with Office Manager to oversee client funds, making sure all transactions are documented appropriately.
STAFF INTERACTION/STAFF SUPERVISION:
- Screens applicants, conducts tours, and interviews as support to Human Resources Coordinator on an ongoing basis to provide necessary department coverage.
- Orients and trains new staff in use of PDTR, Communication Book, Weeklies and all aspects of residential life on a continuing basis.
- Provides instruction and modeling, in procedures, programs, policies, philosophies and interprets when needed.
- Reviews assignments at start of shift so each staff member is aware of responsibilities.
- Maintains work schedule and coverage of needs.
- Reviews timecards and prepares them for the Office Manager at the end of each pay period.
- Assists in planning and facilitating monthly department meetings.
- Maintains open lines of communication with department staff and attends to staff concerns on a timely basis.
- Assumes the responsibility to take immediate action and communicates these issues to the Manager as appropriate.
- Participates in planning and providing performance evaluations for all Living Skills Instructors for the department.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT/PROGRAM MONITORING:
- Provides training, feedback, and supervision of residents’ programs and behaviors to maintain staff consistency and recognize signs/trends indicative of problems.
- Offers suggestions to Program Manager for program change, when requested in preparation for Inter-Disciplinary Team meetings.
- Mails necessary materials to members of IDT, such as new programs and quarterly/annual reports.
- Participates in assigned meetings and offers suggestions on program and daily schedules.
- Maintains records, forms, etc. accurately and on up-to-date basis as assigned by Manager.
- Oversees adequate data collection during shift and consistency in data collection within shift and processes data as assigned by Manager.
- Enters program data in computer and prepares data for weekly reviews.
- Available at all times during shift to handle emergencies which occur within the department.
- Is on call as a resource for questions/issues/crisis at all times (excluding days off).
- Notifies appropriate others as needed on shift and fills shifts in emergency situations. Follows up on emergency situations as needed (documentation, arranges staffing for extra days, etc.).
- Administers first aid or CPR, as needed.
- Coordinates emergency situations as they arise (fire, health, dental, weather, other).
- Reports problems during shift to Program Manager or Person-in-Charge as appropriate.
- Serves as Person-in-Charge when assigned.
- Accepts supervision and instructions from Program Manager and Executive Director.
- Makes effective use of administrative support within Alternatives.
LIAISONS WITH COMMUNITY, PARENTS, OUTSIDE RESOURCES:
- Assigns staff to accompany residents to appointments/activities.
- Makes suggestions and assists residents in participating in community activities.
SAFETY AND SECURITY:
- Reports any security/safety needs and concerns to Program Manager and Person-in-Charge.
- nspects the physical environment regularly for safety considerations and reports to appropriate others.
- Oversees and assures that assignments for necessary food preparation, housekeeping, kitchen cleanup, laundry, etc. have been made for shift.
- Follows and models established sanitation/infection control procedures, prepares food in accordance with relevant regulations and diet plans.
- Recognizes and initiates housekeeping actions, appropriately communications maintenance needs.
KEEPING UP-TO-DATE AND ENHANCING EXPERTISE:
- Is knowledgeable about Alternatives practices, policies, and philosophy.
- Participates in regular inservice training programs, both in-house and outside workshops and seminars.
- Participates in continued education through Alternatives’ Institute.