POSITION SUMMARY: The Living Skills Instructor (LSI) works to enhance the quality of life of each resident, increases their independence, and maintains and teaches daily living skills to each resident. The LSI assists each resident with personal care and medication administration, promotes each resident’s interpersonal skills, and maintains a clean and healthy environment. The Living Skills Instructor is involved in the well-being of each resident through each resident’s individualized development plan.
The full-time LSI is responsible for being the primary on-call staff as needed. The LSI would know three weeks in advance if responsible for the on-call. On-call includes covering open shifts and serving as a resource for questions.
Living Skills Instructors are provided with individualized and extensive training for all residents and to administer medications.
- Some related experience in the human service field is preferred.
- At least 15 college credit hours (1 semester)
- Must be able to work the required variety of shifts during a 37-40 hour work week, including awake overnights.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language is required.
- Assisting, transferring, lifting, redirecting, and the ability to move quickly
- DHS background study clearance and the completion of all training (paid at full hourly rate) is required.
SALARY: $15.00/hr without a four year degree, $15.25/hr with a four year degree.
To apply, click the link below to complete the application. Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org