Answers to common questions we receive.

Q: How do I apply?
A: To apply for a position at Alternatives, you can fill out our online application or set up an application appointment by calling (763) 560-5330 or emailing our HR Coordinator at humanresources@c3q.ef2.myftpupload.com.

Q: Are there any internship opportunities?
A: Alternatives for People with Autism can be very flexible with designing an internship that fits your needs. We collaborate with students and professors to see if we can develop an internship that will meet your needs.

Q: What are the shift and hour requirements?
A: Part-time staff are required to work at least 20 hours per week. Our shift requirements are very flexible.

Q: Are there any benefits for students?
A: Alternatives offers a $500.00 per semester scholarship for fully trained staff (up to $1,000.00 per calendar year). Additionally, we offer hiring incentives upon completion of training and the first performance evaluation, as well as a raise or bonus at each subsequent, trimesterly performance evaluation. Staff receive two bonuses annually to help with transportation expenses like fuel and bus passes. Finally, there are many perks staff are offered for working at Alternatives for People with Autism including: provided meals, the opportunity to dine with the residents both at the agency as well as in the community, and to attend events, camp, the zoo and the State Fair with residents.

Q: What are the requirements to apply?
A: We require at least a High School diploma and that employees be enrolled in a college or university for our part-time and full-time Living Skills Instructor positions. Our supervisor positions require various degree requirements. For more information, please call (763) 560-5330 or email our HR Coordinator at humanresources@c3q.ef2.myftpupload.com.

Q: Are there any opportunities to work just over the summer?
A: We do not offer seasonal employment. Our training period lasts about 90 days from start to finish.

Q: Do I receive any certifications by working at APA?
A: Employment at Alternatives for People with Autism does not qualify toward a CNA or PCA certificate.

Q: Do I need a driver’s license to work here?
A: We do not require a driver’s license for individuals to work here.

Q: What type of population do you provide services for?
A: Alternatives provides residential, community living options for 19 adults disabled by autism and developmental disabilities.