Website Alternatives for People with Autism, Inc.
Creating Community Options for People with Autism
Direct Support Professional – DSP (Full-Time)
In this role you will work with residents on a daily basis implementing programs and procedures for them, teaching them new life skills, and running behavior programs. This role is responsible for maintaining the flow of daily life for the person(s) they are working with to help achieve the highest quality of life possible.
- Assist with residents interactions such as: daily living activities, recreational activities, community outings, administer medication, accompany clients to appointments.
- Excellent communication with residents, staff, and supervisors (both written and verbal)
- Attends meetings and inservices as requested
- Ability to accept direction and instructions from supervisors
- Assist appropriately in crisis situations, following program guidelines and being responsible for residents’ safety and whereabouts.
- Assist residents with maintaining a clean and healthy living environment including food preparation
- Able to run programs as directed, staying up to date on programming, recording data and knowledge and use of reinforcement principles.
- Maintains punctuality and works the minimum number of shifts required
- Passionate about helping others with a positive attitude
- DHS Background study clearance
- Related experience in human services is preferred but not required (intellectual disabilities or other vulnerable populations)
- Fully Vaccinated for Covid-19
- Competitive pay and Full-Time benefits (Blue Cross Insurance, 2 weeks annual vac, and 56 hours annual sick time, free life, and disability insurance)
- Gain valuable experience in related fields (nursing, OT, PT, communication, ABA therapy)
- Growth opportunities
- Build lasting relationships
- Meals provided while you work
- Tuition Assistance up to $1,000 per year
- $700 PT/ $1000 FT hiring bonus paid at 90 days
- Extensive training
- Ability to Participate in Student Loan Forgiveness Program (Through the Government)
- About APA section/Why Join our Team:
- Join our small nonprofit organization as a Direct Support Professional and make a real difference by providing residential services to adults disabled by autism.
- A diverse group of coworkers work together to accomplish the goals set here at APA.
- Our goal is that our staff learn many valuable skills that can translate to various professional and personal environments.